TX Emerge Investments, LLC
Integrity you expect, results you deserve
What is an Accredited Investor?
According to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) guidelines, we can only accept “accredited Investors” as partners. To see if you qualify as an accredited investor and to see what properties may be available today. Please contact us and we’ll set up a time to discuss your goals and see if you’d be a good fit for future projects.
The federal securities laws define the term accredited investor in Rule 501 of Regulation D as any person who comes within any of the following categories:
- A natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person’s spouse, that exceed $1 million at the time of the purchase;
- A natural person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year;
- A charitable organization, corporation, or partnership with assets exceeding $5 million;
- A director, executive officer, or general partner of the company selling securities;
- A business in which all the equity owners are accredited investors;
- A bank, insurance company, registered investment company, business development company, or small business investment company;
- An employee benefit plan, within the meaning of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, if a bank, insurance company, or registered investment advisor makes the investment decision, or if the plan has total assets in excess of $5 million;
- A trust with assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to acquire the securities offered, whose purchases a sophisticated person makes.